In any relationship, you should not feel pressure to do anything you do not want to do. This includes any kind of sexual activity you do not want to do.
Consent is an agreement between people to engage in a sexual activity. Consent is important to keep everyone safe and happy.
- Consent means freely choosing to say ‘yes’ to a sexual activity
- Consent can be withdrawn at any time
- Consent is needed for any kind of sexual activity
- Consent should be clearly communicated
- There are laws around who can consent and who can't
- Without consent, any sexual activity becomes sexual assault, and is against the law.
If you are experiencing family violence or sexual violence/assault, support is available from: